Post-sales Customer Support Activities to Include in your To-do List
- 17 May 2023
A business’s relationship with a customer begins when the latter enquires about the product or service offered. Many times, it is assumed that once the product or service is sold, the relationship comes to an end. Contrary to this popular belief, the real relationship begins when the sale is accomplished.
The customer feels much privileged and well taken care of when the business approaches them after the closure of the deal. Whole scenario gives a feeling of warmth and good faith when the CRM process takes over the after sales and tries to add a human touch to it. With the best after sales practices, even a startup can act like an industry and can create a savory experience for its customers.
After sales is the most crucial point in the whole business-customer relationship. The real role is that of the customer support; this department makes it easier for the people to relate with the brand. It is quite important, therefore, to be clear on what the activity structure of the customer support department should be. A good planning of customer support activities conducted after sales can lead to the best customer experience creation.
Here are the top 10 customer support activities that a business must perform seriously as a part of the post-sales relationship management. These activities are simple but do need good planning to get the best results.
- Giving order status: Once the order is placed, a customer has full right to know when he will receive the product. In case of services like house-cleaning, pest removal, fitness plans, etc. providing updates related to on-boarding process is an important step to perform. It should start immediately after the service subscription plan is chosen.
- Collecting feedback: Once the customer has relished the product or service, the businesses must collect the feedback. This is possible by designing surveys, questionnaires or through channelized customer feedback. This is important and businesses should not be too lax or too stringent on collecting these. A moderate approach is essential for a happy relationship to develop.
- Be welcoming towards replacement requests: More and more customers are shopping online these days. So, the responsibility is all the more to offer them the best experience both pre-sale and post-sale. You can provide additional peace of mind and exceptional comfort in shopping by adopting customer-friendly policies.
- Quick refunds: A failed purchasing experience is not the end of the story unless the situation is handled correctly or proactively. The businesses can work in good faith by providing them the comfort that their money is safe while shopping. Also, the businesses must clearly tell the TAT for refunds beforehand so that the customers are always aware of what they are doing. The information regarding the refund should also be intimated through an automated message.
- Intimation of new offers: Based on the purchases made and analytics generated, you must re-approach the customers who bought some product or service in the past, or showed interest in any form. You can reconnect those prospective customers as a part of the after-sales relationship-building process. With the help of automated solutions, it becomes possible to send messages in time, to correct people and in a personalized manner. It helps leave a pleasant impression in the minds of the consumers.
- Asking for more referrals: Businesses thrive on word of mouth. So, if you have got one happy customer, hold tightly on him. That customer is not just a consumer but the positive propagator. Hence, keeping in touch with a happy customer is the best thing you can do to expand your business. Send them thank you notes and personalized messages and alerts about the new products from time to time.
- Come with combo offers: When a customer has decided to put the product in the cart, the intent to purchase is quite evident. So, if you cash on that intent by formulating a retargeting strategy, you can add more numbers to your customer base. Take cognizance of all the reasons behind leaving the product on the cart and work methods to redesign the sales funnel. You may also offer combo offers and help customers have a better purchase experience.
- Use order delivery alert messages as a product promotion tool: Product promotion tools need not be separately designed merchandise only. You can utilize the order delivery alert messages as a means to connect further. Several crucial information items such as new arrivals, similar products, combo products, etc. can be conveyed through alert message templates. Hire a good message designer and make alerts a sales and lead generation tool.
- Announce loyalty programs: Loyalty programs are designed to offer exclusive experience to users. You can use these promotional tools to engage customers further. Talk about new offers, the offers on repeat orders and how the referrals can help the customers get financial benefits. With these communications materials, you can make your presence felt and the brand name registered in the minds of consumers for a longer time. Also, you can spread the word far and wide and have the sentiment recorded for the next selling cycle.
- Create discount coupons catalog: A regular customer finds it effortless to order the product or service when they have discount coupon catalogs ready with them. Tie up with other businesses of similar nature and try to provide a wholesome experience to the end user. A single window service is liked by one and all and can help the customers extract maximum value off the relationship they share with you.
After sales customer support is an important phase of the business development and CRM process. Going that extra mile is the best thing that you can do as a product supplier or a service provider. It is important to provide proper training to the customer support staff and equip them with automated support solutions. This helps in robust and satisfactory after-sales support to the customers and builds long-lasting relationships. It is the best approach for building a sustainable brand reputation as well.
What are the different types of customer self-service resources?
To a layman, self-help often turns out to be the best form of assistance. From a marketer’s perspective, providing self-service resources happens to be a provision to save time. Again, looking through the lens of a business owner, time is money. So, in this equation, how would you prioritize self-service for customer support? Remember, 88% […]Read More
How can eCommerce brands reduce product returns by strengthening customer support?
Processing an order return is an unpleasant experience for any eCommerce business. Unfortunately, most eCommerce companies need to refund the payment to their customers when a return is booked (read, not a replacement!) As per recent statistics, more than 20.08% of all the merchandise that was ordered in 2021 was returned. In terms of monetary […]Read More
New growth strategy for online businesses: Proactive customer service
The traditional concept of customer service often makes business owners think of a team of agents helping their customers resolve their queries and sorting their issues. Well, when customers reach out to your company, the nature of customer service is reactive. Unless you are proactive with your customer service to offer a better experience to […]Read More
Looking for help desk software? Try eServeCloud for free
Start your 45-day free trial with stant access
- No credit card required
- Instant setup
- 45-days free trial